4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors Enhance Healthcare Quality: Brief
Enhancing Cost, Quality, and Access
Driving healthcare innovation with the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family
• Healthcare organizations are moving from 2-D to 3-D, adding richer content in an attempt to meet the growing need for better, faster data acquisition and use.
• The move t...o higher-quality graphics content, including increased use of video and HD content, requires a new level of performance to meet growing compute-intensive demands.
• Today’s competitive medical device marketplace is driving (original equipment manufacturers) OEMs to continually reduce time to market.
• Greater optimization of the rising volumes of data must be achieved via improved analytics that can turn data into improved care.
• The 4th generation Intel Core processors include enhancements to Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX) 2.0, which provide a significant performance improvement in integer/matrix-based calculations. The result is improved performance of image processing compared to the previous streaming SIMD extensions (SSE) industry-standard architecture (ISA).
• The hardware-assisted encryption capabilities like new Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) for fast encryption enable ubiquitous platform encryption without slowing response times or affecting performance.
Read the full 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors Enhance Healthcare Quality Solution Brief.