Embedded Software Development Tools including Intel Vtune
Suggested steps and links to more information
Step 1: Analyze your system and application
- Software: Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011. Intel® VTune™ Performance Analyzer facilitates performance tuning with a graphical user interface, with no recompiles needed. The analyzers are independent of programming languages and compilers, and they support compilers that follow industry standards, including GNU and Intel and Microsoft compilers for C, C++, and FORTRAN. Intel VTune analyzers also support managed runtime environments, including Microsoft .NET* (C# and Visual Basic) and Java*.
Step 2: Optimize code with libraries and compilers
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB). Intel® TBB is a C++ template-based runtime library that simplifies threading for scalable, multi-core performance.
- Intel® Compilers. Intel compilers integrate into popular development environments and feature source and binary compatibility with other widely-used compilers.
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP). The Intel® IPP library contains functions for video, imaging, compression, cryptography, audio, speech recognition, and signal processing, in addition to codec component functions for digital media and data-processing applications.
- Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL). Intel® MKL contains highly optimized, extensively threaded, mathematical functions for engineering, scientific, and financial applications.
- Intel® MPI Library. Intel® MPI Library 3.2 is a multi-fabric message passing library that implements the Message Passing Interface, v2 (MPI-2) specification. It provides a standard library across Intel® platforms.
Step 3: Debugging
- Intel® Inspector XE. Available for Windows and Linux operating systems, Intel® Thread Checker is an analysis tool that pinpoints hard-to-find threading errors like data races and deadlocks in 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
Step 4: Performance tuning
- Software: Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011. Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE is a performance profiling tool that builds on the former Intel® VTune™ Performance Analyzer with Intel® Thread Profiler tool. Intel Thread Profiler lets you visualize threaded application behavior to understand what threads are doing and how they interact. It pinpoints the location of performance issues in call stacks and source code to aid analysis. Intel® VTune™ Performance Analyzer facilitates performance tuning with a graphical user interface, with no recompiles needed. The analyzers are independent of programming languages and compilers, and they support compilers that follow industry standards, including GNU and Intel and Microsoft compilers for C, C++, and FORTRAN. Intel VTune analyzers also support managed runtime environments, including Microsoft .NET (C# and Visual Basic) and Java.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need JTAG support?
JTAG (Joint Test Action Group, IEEE1149.1) debug and analysis is a good fit if you are a developer involved in any of the following areas: device drivers, middleware, BIOS, or development of your own operating system. JTAG is also a good choice if you are currently using Linux or using a real-time operating system.
Where can I obtain JTAG collateral?
Information and collateral is available from the following third-party vendors:
Where can I obtain evaluation versions of Intel® software tools?
Evaluation versions of Intel® Software Development Products are available for download at no cost from the Intel® Software Evaluation Center.
Where can I get more information?
From Intel: visit the Intel® Software Products site for details on Intel development tools.
From OS vendors: consult your embedded operating system vendor for Intel architecture software tools.
Suporte ao Intel® Embedded Design Center (Intel® EDC)
Tenha acesso à assistência técnica e de vendas, registre-se para obter uma conta no Intel® EDC ou gerencie sua conta.Contate-nos >