Seniors Bridge Generations with Intel®-based Tablets
When residents at Avery Care Homes are asked about their favorite activities, they all revolve around family. To help them keep in touch with friends and family of all ages, the care home uses the Finerday* social network. It’s designed to be easy-to-use for seniors, but many residents found a desktop computer intimidating. Intel® technology-based tablets have made residents more comfortable communicating and helped to give them back their independence.
• Connectivity. Provide a convenient way for residents to communicate with friends and family using email and video messaging.
• Portability. Enable residents to take control of devices and use them in their own private spaces.
• Social networking. The Finerday social network provides a safe and private environment for care home residents to communicate with friends and family.
• Tablets. Dell Latitude* tablets, based on the Intel® Atom™ processor, enable residents to access the FinerDay network from anywhere in the care home, including their own rooms.
• Performance. According to the care home’s own experience, the Intel technology-based tablets running Windows* 8 deliver faster performance than non-Intel Atom processor-based tablets running Android*, which helps residents to stay engaged.
• Confidence. Residents who found a desktop computer intimidating are able to use the tablet, either with or without assistance, gaining in confidence and independence.
Read the full Seniors Bridge Generations with Intel®-based Tablets Case Study.