The best gaming SSDs are designed for the way actual gamers actually play. They’re built to increase performance and responsiveness at the lower queue depths, where most gaming action happens. Games load ultra-fast. Lag times drop dramatically. So you can get yourself right into the action-and stay there-with far fewer interruptions.
What’s the best gaming SSD for you? That all depends on the experience you’re after-and there are some key factors to consider. Read on, and we’ll help you find the right SSD for you.
The Benefits of Intel® Optane™ SSDs for Gaming
With performance and responsiveness in a range of form factors and capacities to suit your gaming style, Intel® Optane™ SSDs provide a seamless experience you can count on.
Intel® Optane™ Technology Makes a Big Difference
Fast, dense, and non-volatile-Intel® Optane™ technology is what makes an Intel® Optane™ SSD really tick. By combining Intel® Optane™ memory media, Intel Memory and Storage Controllers, Intel Interconnect IP, and Intel® Software enhancements, Intel® Optane™ technology gives you a ton of capacity and endurance in one tiny, little footprint.
Watch this video for a quick re-cap of why Intel® Optane™ technology is one of the serious gamer’s best options.
Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series
If you’re serious about your gaming, this serious, high-performance SSD is for you. In fact, Tom’s Hardware calls it “the fastest SSD ever made”.1 2 And IGN calls it the “best performing SSD going.”3
A few details about the Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P series to help you know if it’s right for you:
• Low, read/write latency <10 μs / <11 μs, delivers super-snappy speed and responsiveness
• Industry-leading 10DWPD endurance4 the highest SSD endurance on the market today-for the true enthusiast gamer
• Available capacity from 380 GB to 1.5 TB-to match the way you game
• Available in three different form factors, with nine different height and weight configurations-something for every gamer
• PCIe* Gen 3x4, NVMe* SSD delivers performance when and where you need it most
"This is the best performing SSD going now."
Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series
If it’s high speed at a lower price you’re after, this speedy first-cousin of the SSD 905P is perfect. This SSD provides ultra-low latency, incredibly fast game loads, hyper-rich features, and extraordinarily smooth play. Plus, it comes with a Star Citizen Sabre Raven5 star fighter.
Features and benefits of the Intel® Optane SSD 900P series:
• 12.2 second load time6 as clocked in TweakTown’s recent Final Fantasy 14 test of 120 SSDs
• Ultra-low latency of less than 10µs7
• Named PC Gamer’s “2017 SSD of the Year”8
• 30% faster than the next fastest SSD8
• Available capacity: 280GB or 480GB
• Available in two different form factors
"It’s not just fast-it’s fast in the areas where storage is actually used.8"
Intel® Optane™ SSD 800P Series
Want huge performance in a smaller, thinner package? Then the Intel® Optane™ SSD 800P series may be right up your alley. Packing all that Intel® Optane™ goodness into a slim M.2 form factor, the Intel® Optane™ SSD 800P series is a top-shelf OS drive, delivering fast boot, launch, and a smooth experience when the going gets intense.
• Offers standard PCIe*/NVMe* SSD interfaces
• Optimized for fast loading, RAID, and quick boot
• Delivers smooth, multi-task functionality when you’re playing + recording + streaming
• Consistent responsiveness delivers high performance under load, over time
Intel® SSD 660P Series
If you’re looking to up your game-but not quite ready for an Intel® Optane™ SSD-the Intel® SSD 660P series might make a lot of sense. Why? Two reasons: Consistently great, game-changing performance, and an unprecedented, low price.
The Intel® SSD 660P series is the world’s very first QLC NAND-based
client PCIe*, designed to give you higher capacity and PCIe* performance-at an affordable price. If your budget’s tight, this is a smart way to get your game-on.
• Twice the capacity9 of that found in identical footprints
• Given “2018 Editor’s choice” award by Tom’s Hardware and PC Perspective
• Choose from 512GB, 1TB and 2TB, all affordably priced
• Thin, M.2 80mm form factor makes it perfect for smaller, portable gaming rigs and devices
Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage
Available in systems starting April 26, 2019, this new product combines the benefits of QLC-NAND with Intel® Optane™ memory, packing performance-boosting Intel® Optane™ technology power along with the capacity of QLC-NAND into a single M.2 2280 form factor for the first time ever. A few key things Intel® Optane™ memory H10 can do:
• Accelerate the experience with Intel® Optane™ memory, built right into the SSD
• Accelerate frequently used games for faster game launch and level loads
• Provide large capacity and pack more data into a smaller footprint
• Transfer data at PCIe speeds
Serious SSDs for Serious Gamers-Only from Intel
So, there you go. If you take your gaming seriously-no matter what level of gamer you might be-it’s time to consider taking it to an entirely new level with an Intel® SSD. We’ve been in the game of games since the very start. Innovation is what we do and what we’ve always done. So remember: if it’s a better gaming experience you’re after, it’s just a better Intel® SSD away.